Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Jamie Lynn's Kitchen

Jamie Lynn's Kitchen
1504 86 Street
Brooklyn, NY 11228
(718) 232-3327



Tonight I went to dinner with some friends at my new favorite local spot, Jamie Lynn’s Kitchen. Most of them had not come here before even though we all live in the area. It was great experience for everyone especially since they opened up the beautiful yard and sat us outside. The atmosphere was very calm and inviting. A great place to eat a good meal, sip some wine and catch up with dear friends.

My apologies for not including any pictures in this first post (they would have been awesome) but I was too hungry and scarfed down the appetizers and then my entrĂ©e without coming up for air. I ordered myself the Pork Chop with Apples and Bacon. It was good and all but next time I’ll stick with what I ordered last time, the NY Strip Steak with Grilled Mushrooms and Mashed Potatoes. Now that was a meal that would stick to your bones and be something to write home about.

My only complaint is that every time I’m here they run out of the Creamy Spinach & Artichoke Dip! That’s going to be my mission, to get here early enough to get that dip! Jamie Lynn’s is actually great with appetizers. The White Wine Mussels we had tonight were delicious. I even liked the Fried Calamari with 3 different dipping sauces (Marinara, Thai Chili and Lime Vinaigrette) and I’m the kind of person that’s completely disgusted and creeped out by squid and octopus.

A little out of the way for most people, but definitely worth a try for anyone in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment